Dr. S K Jain
Keeping pace with the Medical Gastroenterology, Surgical Gastroenterology has also taken giant leaps of advancements in recent years. Nearly all the Gastrointestinal Surgeries are part of the spectrum of General Surgery, but only a few Gastrointestinal Surgeries require special attention and expertise which can only be provided by a specialist Gastroenterologist.
We, at Dhanwantrai Hospitals, work with experts in the department of Surgical Gastroenterology, promising to deliver exclusive and comprehensive services to patients with arduous diseases of the pancreas, biliary tract, gastrointestinal tract, liver, and spleen.
Advanced GI Surgical procedures offered by the department include:
Pancreas: Pancreatic Surgery is the main area of focus for this department. The various procedures available at Dhanwantary are:
- Necrosectomy, peritoneal drainage, and procedures for acute pancreatitis
- Surgery for pseudocysts, both open and laparoscopic
- Both drainage and resectional procedures for chronic pancreatitis - like lateral pancreaticojejunostomy, Frey’s and other pancreatic head preserving procedures
- Whipple’s procedure and other resectional procedures for periampullary and pancreatic tumors
Surgery for benign and malignant surgical obstructive jaundice including biliary strictures, CBD stones, etc. are available at Dhanwantary.
- Postcholecystectomy complications are actively managed
- Choledochal cyst
- Carcinoma of the gallbladder, pancreas, and the bile duct
Our professional interventional and therapeutic endoscopies give us expertise for ERCP and progressive therapeutic interventions like Papillotomy, CBD stone removal, and varied short and long-term stents.
Surgery for ulcerative colitis and complicated gastrointestinal problems:
Pouch and Ileoanal procedures have completely revolutionized treatment for Ulcerative Colitis, allowing to get rid of the disease by surgery with intact anal passage. There is no further need for a permanent ileostomy.